The Human Rights Festival Tokyo 2017, a large scale human rights awareness event will be held at the Tokyo International Forum on November 4th and 5th, 2017.
What kind of image comes to your mind when you hear the word “human rights public awareness event”? A group discussion gathering people who are familiar with the topic and already formed their personal opinion about human rights, similar to a seminar at university?
Actually, the “Human Rights Festival” is not an event that requires a great kind of courage or knowledge for participation. Among the events that will be organized are art performances, movie screenings and concerts as well as panel shows (such as wheelchair racers’ experience with VR). The festival provides various opportunities to contemplate about “human rights“.
What is diversity?
The symbol mark of the Human Rights Festa Tokyo 2017.
The Human Rights Festival Tokyo is being held every year with a changing main topic.
This year, in a bid to form cities in which
“women, men, children, the elderly, people with disabilities and LGBT people can all live together happily and participate actively“, cities which are “rich in kindness and value Diversity“
“Diversity” was chosen as the main topic for this year’s festival.
“Diversity” is originally a term that refers to the concept of “actively adopting various human resources“, as part of recruitment strategies taken by large corporation, but in recent years it is increasingly used in a broader context.
About diversity in Tokyo
The downtown area of Tokyo now has a population of over 9 million people. With this mass of people living in a single city, naturally there is a big range of different people coming together.
Even if you do not happen to know about people from minority groups being among your classmates, colleagues or neighbors right now, you can certainly assume that there are in fact many people suffering from prejudice and social pressure at this moment.
If you would like to learn more about this topic please come and visit the Human Rights Festival at Tokyo International Forum.
Please find the event details below.
“Human Rights Festival Tokyo 2017”
Organized by the City administration Tokyo
- Date and time: Saturday, November 4th 10am-6pm & Sunday, November 5th 11am-5pm
- Venue: Tokyo International Forum Hall D 7 · D 5 · D 1 ·Main Plaza · Lobby Gallery (glass building)
(Adress:5-1 Marunouchi 3-Chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo)
- Symposium (Shogeko Kanazawa’s Glories
- Panel discussion (Tomoko Oda, Mei Mi)
- „Barrier free heart” video contest
- Film screening: “When they knit seriously,“
- College presentation contest “Enlightenment of multicultural coexistence”
- Film screening: “Shape of the voice” Screening
- Family Concert: Osamu Sakata Megumi
- Elementary school student poster competition “human rights enlightenment“
- Stretchman Special Stage
- Climbing Challenge
- Barrier-free experience, handicapped sports experience (wheelchair basket, Botcia, blind football)
※ The schedule and topics are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.
Admission Fee: Free
Event homepage : https://www.hrf-tokyo-2017.com/